Thinking of heading south?

November 14, 2013

With temperatures dropping and leaves falling, it's not uncommon to think of heading to warmer climes.

Planning on being away for more than just a few months?

Not sure about your situation? Consult the Government of Canada or an accountant to determine your tax treatment.

Whether it's heading to a warmer country or a different province, if you are collecting a Teachers' pension and plan to leave Ontario for an extended period of time, be sure to log in to iAccess Web, our secure member website, or call our Member Hotline (1-800-668-0105) and update your mailing address and email address. Doing so will ensure you're kept up-to-date with news about your pension plan.

If you're planning on leaving the country for six months or more, then there may be tax implications. Even if you change your address in iAccess Web, we continue to tax you as an Ontario resident. To ensure that you're receiving the correct tax treatment, call our Member Hotline and, if necessary, we'll update your tax code.