Skip to content

Questions about Bill 124? Visit our News section and Bill 124 FAQs in both the working members and retired members sections.

Required documents

Adding documents to your online account is easy, and you can do it at any point during your career. The sooner, the better.

Here’s what we’ll need to process your pension application:

  • Your birth certificate
  • Your marriage certificate (if you’re married) or a Statutory Declaration of Common-law Relationship (if you have a common-law spouse)
  • Your married or common-law spouse’s birth certificate
  • Your separation agreement or divorce papers (if applicable)
  • Your Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Notice of Entitlement or Statement of Denial (if you’re receiving or have applied for a CPP disability pension)

You can request copies of your Ontario birth or marriage certificates through Service Ontario.

  • We’ll also accept any of the following documents as proof of age:

    • Driver’s licence from any Canadian province or territory or the United States
    • Canadian passport
    • Canadian citizenship papers
    • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (Status Card)
    • Ontario photo card
    • Baptismal certificate
    • International passport showing your name, date of birth, photo and signature. It must be accompanied by a certified translation if it’s in a language other than English or French.
  • If you wed outside of Ontario and can’t find your marriage certificate, we need an affidavit of your marital status. An affidavit is a written statement sworn before a Commissioner of Oaths or notary public, such as a lawyer.

    If you have a common-law spouse, please complete a Statutory Declaration of Common-law Relationship.

    When filling out this form make sure:

    • All of the dates match, in particular your first date of cohabitation (in Part A and Part C)
    • The form is notarized (in Part B)
  • If you divorced after 1984, we need a photocopy of either your divorce order or certificate of divorce. If you divorced before 1985, we need a copy of your decree absolute.

    You can request copies of your family law documents if you can't find them.

  • This document is needed only if you’re receiving or have been approved for a disability pension from the Canada Pension Plan (CPP). Contact CPP directly to replace a missing notice or for more information.

  • We’ll accept documents in languages other than English and French as long as you provide:

    • a copy of the original document
    • a translation of the original document completed by a certified translator
    • an attestation by a Canadian notary (e.g. lawyer) that they speak English or French and the language in which the original document was written, and certify the accuracy of the translation