Updates to Classtime helps occasional teachers save time
December 18, 2013
Meet Nina Sharma. Nina is a substitute teacher with Peel District School Board and a full-time user of Classtime, Teachers' mobile app for occasional teachers.
Before Classtime, Nina used to keep track of her work schedule with an agenda or personal calendar.
"Teachers are more connected than ever before," said Nina. "When I used my agenda, I would sometimes forget to record my assignments. If I wanted to verify that I've been paid for a specific day, I would log on to the school board website or check my agenda. It was a chore to do this. A smartphone app like Classtime makes what is sometimes a tedious task, simple and accessible."
Through Classtime, Nina can review all of her past and upcoming school assignments, at the touch of a button. Menus within the app allow her to seamlessly enter the school and the date of the assignment. The 'notes' section provides space for her to add details such as the teacher she is filling in for, and the department.
And next to each teaching assignment is a box that can be checked-off, to track whether or not she's been paid for that assignment. "This feature is extremely helpful," said Nina. "I caught an assignment that I wasn't yet paid for. And when I called the school board to inquire, I had all the details right on the app, so I was easily able to provide all the information to the representative."
Nina is one of more than 1,000 occasional teachers who have downloaded Classtime since its launch in October 2013. Classtime is available as a free download for Android and iOS devices through Google Play and the Apple App Store.
Check out the latest enhancements to Classtime:
- Calendar integration – you can now sync your added work days that you populated on Classtime with the default calendar on your mobile device or tablet.
- Assignment durations – increments of one quarter, one third and three quarters have been added as options to better track your work days.
- School year archive – Classtime now automatically archives all of your data, so you can keep track of your history and start fresh at the beginning of each school year.
- Notifications – the new message feature will notify you of helpful tips and reminders related to the app and keeping track of your class time.
- Easy scrolling feature – store the names of as many schools and teachers into your app, so you can easily find them when making a new entry.