Go to the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan main homepage
Skip to main content

Life & Career Events

How to Apply

If you're thinking of taking the commuted value of your pension, you must: 

  1. Call us to discuss your options, eligibility and the steps to take.
  2. Resign from teaching and notify us of your resignation at least a month before you're entitled to an immediate pension.
    After your employer verifies that you've resigned, we'll send you a document explaining your options.
  3. Choose one of the options we've provided and return your completed termination option form with the required documents.

We'll process your commuted value transfer once we've received your signed form and the required documents.