Go to the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan main homepage
Skip to main content

Life & Career Events


Should I let the Ontario College of Teachers know that I'm retiring?

If you want to be listed as "Retired" on the Ontario College of Teachers' public register, you can complete and return its Notice of Retirement form.

For more information, please contact the College directly.

Can I transfer my RRSPs into the plan to top up my pension and retire sooner?

No. However, you can use RRSP funds to buy back credit for an eligible leave of absence. Acquiring more credit will increase the size of your pension.

How much is my gratuity?

Gratuities are an employer benefit, not a pension benefit. Please contact your employer for information.