During this challenging time with COVID-19, we continue to focus on ensuring the health and safety of our people. This includes you – our candidates. We have implemented several measures to support social distancing within our recruitment practices, including moving all interviews and recruiting events to video interviews or virtual events. We’re also building a virtual onboarding process for new hires and interns.
Despite the circumstances, we want you to know that our recruitment team is still working full steam ahead in our efforts to bring great talent into our organization. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this new way of working. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Recruiter directly. You can read more about our response to COVID-19 here: https://lnkd.in/dYYUMYy
If you are interested in taking on the next career challenge, consider becoming part of the Ontario Teachers' team. Explore our job opportunities and help us to continue to raise the global standard for pension and investment management and exceptional member service.
Frequently asked questions
1. Why should I work at Ontario Teachers'?
Whether you're launching your career or a seasoned professional, Ontario Teachers' offers an unparalleled career path. Our organization is full of smart, creative and passionate people who are all working towards the same mission of providing strong retirement security for the teachers of Ontario. Our comprehensive benefits package varies by region, but may include:
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage, including a Health Spending Account
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
2. What type of candidate are you looking for?
While each job posting outlines the details of the position, pay close attention to the "what you'll need" section. This clarifies what the hiring team has deemed to be the most critical experiences to be successful in the role. In general, we're looking for individuals who have a passion for what they do and a curiosity to learn and grow. Use your application to help us understand the unique experiences and perspectives you would bring to the role.
3. What's the culture like at Ontario Teachers'?
At Ontario Teachers', we truly care about our people and our culture reflects that. We're guided by five values – humility, integrity, performance, partnership and innovation – and four critical behaviours that are helping to drive our organization forward: trust, learn, clarify and engage. There's a strong sense of community, and our people feel empowered to help us deliver on our mission of delivering outstanding service and retirement security to our members – today and tomorrow.
4. What can I expect throughout your recruitment process?
We believe who we select to join our organization is one of the most important decisions we can make. Our recruitment process typically consists of interviews over the phone, through video, and in person, but may also include case studies, online assessments and technical testing. Your Recruitment Specialist will keep in touch with you to ensure you have an understanding of the timelines and what to expect as you move throughout the process.
5. What is a digital video interview?
A digital video interview is an opportunity for you to provide us with additional information about yourself so that we can get to know you better! There are two types of digital video interviews – pre-recorded or live. Pre-recorded interviews allow you to record responses to interview questions through video either with your application or after you have already applied to a role. A live interview would be scheduled in advance where you would meet with a hiring manager through a video conference.
6. What is CodeVue?
As part of your digital interview you may be asked to complete a CodeVue technical assessment. CodeVue is an online assessment tool that we use for some of our technical roles which allows us to better understand your coding capabilities.
7. Where do interviews take place?
Our interviews typically take place onsite at one of our offices in Toronto, London or Hong Kong. You may also be asked to participate in a video interview through our digital interview technology platform.
8. Where are you currently located?
We are headquartered in North York at the corner of Yonge & Finch but we also have offices in London and Hong Kong. As a global organization, we're also looking at expanding our presence in other regions around the world.
9. Do you offer parking?
In our Toronto office, we have Green P parking surrounding our building and also have an underground parking lot attached to our building in which you can purchase a daily or monthly pass. Our London office is centrally located close to transit and several public parking lots. Our Hong Kong office is above the MTR and there is also parking available in the surrounding area.
10. Am I able to work remotely?
Yes! We believe strongly in flexibility and remote working plays a key role in amplifying our culture at Teachers'! Eligible employees can spend 20% of their time working from a different location.
11. Are you moving your North York office?
Yes! Plans are already under way for us to move into a brand new building at 160 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario in 2023.
12. What is the dress code at Teachers'?
We recently introduced "Dress for the Day" which gives people the opportunity to dress in a more relaxed way throughout the week. If you have a meeting with external visitors or are delivering a presentation, business attire would be the best choice. But if your meetings are internal or you'll be doing a lot of computer work, casual wear (jeans!) is completely appropriate. It's up to you to decide!
13. What kind of benefits do you offer employees?
We offer a comprehensive benefits program designed to maintain your health, protect your financial security through enrolment in a pension plan, and give you and your family piece of mind. Our Health Spending Account also enhances your benefit coverage to meet your needs.
14. How do you support employee development?
One of our key areas of focus is unlocking the full potential of our people. All employees are given the opportunity to complete a talent profile to help us learn more about your interests, experiences and aspirations. This will of course evolve as you continue your career here. In addition, we're proud to provide access to thousands of learning assets through our online learning platform, including LinkedIn Learning courses to help build relevant skills.
15. Do you support international assignments or rotations?
As a global organization, Ontario Teachers' has offices in Toronto, London and Hong Kong. We offer rotations within several divisions and in the past have also offered several secondments with some of our portfolio companies. We're always open to discussing the idea of relocation and encourage our people to consider these types of development opportunities.
16. Are there opportunities for reimbursement towards associations/education reimbursement?
Ontario Teachers' offers ample and accessible educational tools to enable our employees to perform at their best and support their learning & development and drive engagement. We also offer an annual in-house CFA preparatory program to support employees registered to write the qualifying June exam for all three levels. As a full-time employee, our tuition assistance program reimburses the cost of pre-approved courses, designations and degrees related to your current responsibilities and/or career aspirations. Registration, tuition and course material costs are covered.
17. How does Ontario Teachers' give back to the community?
Our employees are passionate about making a difference in the communities we live in. For the past 26 years, we've been supporting the United Way through an annual campaign. It's one of the highlights of the year where everyone across the organization comes together to volunteer, attend events and give back.
18. Do you have a program or do you support diversity and inclusion?
Building a truly inclusive and diverse workplace is one of the top priorities for Ontario Teachers'. We believe that an inclusive and diverse environment encourages different ideas and new ways of thinking, which enhances innovation and ultimately improves our performance. Over the past year, we've done extensive work in formulating what inclusion and diversity means to us as an organization, and we're now in the process of developing a long-term strategy that will enable us to bring our vision to life.
19. How does Ontario Teachers' approach responsible investing?
- At Ontario Teachers', we view responsible investing practices as a critical component to the long-term success of the total fund investment program and the sustainability of the plan. For us, Responsible Investing is an adaptive process, comprised of four strategic levers:
- Integrate: We integrate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations into our investment process to manage risk and identify investment opportunities.
- Engage: We build relationships with the companies we invest in, to improve our understanding of the company, influence change and nurture success.
- Influence: We lead or participate in industry organizations and initiatives to advance the industry and create a supportive and sustainable environment for our investments.
- Evolve: We continually improve our ability to recognize, evaluate, and act on ESG opportunities and risks, which builds our institutional knowledge and experience and keeps us ahead of the curve.
20. Where can I get more information about Ontario Teachers'?
We encourage all applicants to review information on our website and specifically our Annual Report to ensure you have an understanding of our organization before coming in for an interview.
By clicking "Search Jobs Openings" you will be leaving the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan site and going to a third party site. That site may have legal and privacy policies that are different from those of the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan. The Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan assumes no liability or responsibility for the content, accuracy, operation or failure to operate, or any material contained or linked on the third party website.