Go to the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan main homepage
Skip to main content

Life & Career Events

Step 4: Apply to Ontario Teachers' for a lump-sum transfer to a LIF, LIRA or another registered pension plan

This step only applies if you're using your pension to settle an equalization obligation.

Your former spouse must apply to us directly.

Here's how to apply:

  1. Complete the Application to Transfer the Family Law Value (FSCO* Form 5). (Instructions and Q&As)
  2. Select a transfer option (listed in Part E of your Statement of Family Law Value).
  3. Include the finalized court order, arbitration award, or separation agreement, which clearly identifies your former spouse's share of the Family Law Value, a completed Direct Transfer Request form and all other required documents with the application.

* FSCO has been replaced by FSRA (Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario). We’ll refer to these as FSCO forms until FSRA issues new forms.


You must complete and submit the Ontario Teachers' version of the Direct Transfer Request form. We will not accept any other version of this form (i.e., from your bank, trust company, etc.).

Ontario Teachers' transfers the Family Law Value as outlined in the finalized court order, arbitration award or separation agreement in a lump sum to your former spouse upon receiving the completed application with all required documents.