Wanted: Social Butterflies
May 21, 2014
We are on a mission to stay connected with you!
Join Teachers' Facebook community to stay informed on the latest plan news and receive tips on what you need to know about the plan, all in one community with generations of teachers.
While there, enter our contest to win one of three $100 Cadillac Fairview gift cards redeemable at any Cadillac Fairview mall.
Our Facebook page will be three years old this summer
We've had lots to talk about with the more than 3,000 working and retired teachers following us on Facebook. Each week, we:
- Post fun facts and polls about the plan and current events;
- Send out timely reminders to make sure you stay on top of important tasks; and
- Share our latest Pension News Online articles and videos to keep you well informed.
The engagement has been great. We love seeing you ‘like' our posts, asking us questions and interacting with the other members within the community, so we added Twitter and YouTube to our social media line up. It is now easier than ever for you to stay connected and informed about your pension.
To date, more than 700 stakeholders (from members and non-members, to media and other institutions) follow us on Twitter. And we've shared more than 50 videos (in French and English) on YouTube, many of which are dedicated to answering your pension questions. Together, these communities provide a platform to engage and share information, all while keeping you up-to-date on plan news — anytime, anywhere.
Facebook at a glance:
- Each week, we explore the topics relevant to you, whether its re-employment rules, survivor benefits, inflation, buybacks or general plan updates.
- On the last day of each month, we celebrate Pension Pay Day with our retired teachers.
- Last June, we celebrated our newly retired members with our ‘First Day of Retirement' Facebook photo album. You'll find the collection by selecting ‘Album' within the ‘Photos' tab at the top of the page.
- For new members, we created a ‘Your Life' section welcoming them to the pension plan. Here, you can explore the role the pension plan plays throughout your career.
Twitter at a glance:
- The highest number of clicks on a tweeted link was a video message from our President and CEO, Ron Mock, outlining his 2014 priorities and the state of the pension plan.
- Our Twitter followers are not all from Canada. Some live in South Africa, Switzerland, Columbia and India.
- Watch for our member hashtag #myOTPP for special Twitter posts, just for you.
We created video playlists just for members. Check out ‘Member FAQs' and ‘Members Need to Know' playlists on our YouTube channel.