Ontario Teachers’ response to COVID-19 developments
We take our responsibility as a global citizen seriously, and are committed to doing our part in the worldwide effort against the spread of COVID-19. To protect our employees and communities we are taking preventative measures, including social distancing, while ensuring we have a comprehensive plan in place to carry out our normal business activities.
To that end, starting Monday, March 16, we have implemented the following measures:
- The majority of our employees will work remotely as a precautionary social distancing measure. Only a small group of approved employees will remain on-site.
- External meetings, participation in public events, and international business travel will be rescheduled or held by WebEx. Domestic business travel must be pre-cleared and approved.
- Our offices will be deep cleaned and disinfected every weekend.
- Our annual meeting will be changed to a digital format from an in-person meeting
- We have asked members not to attend the office in person, and will continue to serve them and process their payments through our call centre and online
In addition to ensuring our business processes continue to run smoothly, we are actively monitoring the global markets and our own portfolio. Our internal teams are talking regularly to stay on top of the evolving situation and determine how we need to act and react accordingly.
We will keep our lines of communication open and are focused on providing resources and information for our employees and members to help them navigate through this time.