Security of Your Information
To enter the secure area of the site, Ontario Teachers' will issue you a personal account number and password. To help Ontario Teachers' secure your personal information, you must keep your account number and password confidential. If you believe that your account number or password is no longer secure, call us immediately at 416-226-2700 or 1-800-668-0105 (toll free), Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
We take great care to ensure that the use of the site and the services available through it are secure. We are committed to protecting the security of the site, as well as the confidentiality of personal and financial information within the web server hosting the site and our internal computer systems.
Protection of your personal information is Ontario Teachers' priority. Some of the technological security measures we have in place to protect you include:
- Strong encryption technology to help ensure that data is kept secure.
This requires that you use a browser that supports 128-bit encryption.
- Digital certificates by trusted third-party companies to let you know the site is secure and genuine.
- Automatic time out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Firewalls to protect your information.
Note: By registering your computer or device when you sign in, you're allowing us to personalize your experience for future visits to our site. This means that, if you leave our site without signing out and later return, we'll display some details about you (e.g. your first name or your pension status) to welcome you back. However, rest assured, in no event will we display sensitive personal information without asking you first to authenticate your session by entering your password.
- Keep your account number and password confidential. Do not share your account number and password with anyone, including family members.
- Create a strong password that is hard for others to guess.
- If your password is compromised, contact Ontario Teachers' immediately.
- Ontario Teachers' will never ask you to reveal your password via an email message, website, or phone call. If you receive such a request, it is not genuine. Do not provide your account number, password, or other personal information in response to such requests.
- Do not send sensitive information (e.g. your social insurance number) to Ontario Teachers' in an email message.
If you have questions regarding Ontario Teachers' security regime, please contact Ontario Teachers'.