Commentaries and Submissions on Key Issues
As responsible investors, we speak out on important issues that affect capital markets, securities regulations, financial reporting, other corporate regulations and the value of our plan's assets.
We also support governance research initiatives by the Clarkson Centre for Business Ethics and Board Effectiveness at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, and other institutions. The Board Shareholder Confidence Index compiled by the Clarkson Centre is an annual review of corporate governance practices in Canadian publicly traded companies.
When submitting documents about regulatory issues, we consider investment best practices, advancement of good governance, implications for the plan's performance and protection of our members' assets.
Our comments and submissions are available by year, below.
- December 12, 2016 — Response to Business Law Policy Advisory Council Report
- November 11, 2016 — Response to Hong Kong Stock Exchange Consultation on Listing Regulations
- October 5, 2016 — Comments to the Alberta Securities Commission in support of disclosure of gender diversity on boards
- September 21, 2016 — Governance comment: Ontario Teachers' files compliance statement for UK Stewardship Code
- June 15, 2016 — Comments to the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) on CSA Multilateral Staff Notice
- March 1, 2016 — Research Report – Outside of Plan Awards
- February 4, 2016 — Governance Comment – Ontario Teachers' annual review of emerging issues