Commentaries and Submissions on Key Issues
As responsible investors, we speak out on important issues that affect capital markets, securities regulations, financial reporting, other corporate regulations and the value of our plan's assets.
We also support governance research initiatives by the Clarkson Centre for Business Ethics and Board Effectiveness at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, and other institutions. The Board Shareholder Confidence Index compiled by the Clarkson Centre is an annual review of corporate governance practices in Canadian publicly traded companies.
When submitting documents about regulatory issues, we consider investment best practices, advancement of good governance, implications for the plan's performance and protection of our members' assets.
Our comments and submissions are available by year, below.
- November 10, 2015 — Climate Change: Paris and the long-term view
- June 26, 2015 — Joint Statement on Principal-Guaranteed Shares at Japanese Companies
- June 12, 2015 — Governance Comment - Teachers' supports proxy access
- April 8, 2015 — Canadian Pension Group Response to CSA Review of Proxy Voting Infrastructure
- February 3, 2015 — Governance Comment – Teachers' annual review of emerging issues
- January 29, 2015 — Comments to Japanese Financial Services Agency on draft corporate governance code